I've been doing some testing, and I was wondering how exactly the master/child relationship in Smith Cart functions. I was also curious what functionality benefits come from having this set up.
The Cross Portal Share Type feature enables cross portal sharing of stores, orders, products, etc. between parent and child portals. The following two options are available in the “Cross Portal Share Type” dropdown list:
- Master Portal – When a portal is selected as the “Master Portal it becomes the master with the ability to view and manage all orders from parent Portal and all orders from child portals defined with a “Cross Portal Share Type” of “Child Portal”.
- Child Portal – When this option is selected on your child portal it will enable the following functionality in your child portal:
- The child portal will share the same store (categories and products) as the parent portal defined with a Cross Portal Share Type of “Master Portal”.
- The ability to check to see how many orders came from their portal (view only).
- All orders in the child portal will show up in Parent Portal manage order detail screen.