4. Select the “Event Name” and “Product Name” from the dropdown list and enter the inventory information you wish to save.
5. After you are finished entering the data, click the “Add Product” button to save and associate the product with an event.
Event Name – Select the event you want to associate the product with.
Product Name – Select the product you want to add and associate to an event.
Quantity Limit – Max quantity of the product you want to allow to be reserved and purchased.
Quantity Purchased – Calculated field based on aggregate sales in the order detail table:
Total Items Sold (minus) Total Items Refunded
Quantity Adjustments – Used for the store admin to enter manual adjustments of quantity purchased. Can be used for purchases completed outside the online store.
Quantity Refunded – Used by the store admin to enter manual refunds of products that have been previously purchased.
Quantity Returned – Used by the store admin to enter manual returns of products that have been previously purchased. Quantities entered here will reduce your “Out” quantity and increase the “Quantity On Hand” for the product.
Return Date – Enter the date the product was returned.
Return Shipper – Enter the name of the shipping carrier that was used to return an item.
Return Notes - Multi line notes field that can be associated with Returned Quantities.
Adjustment Notes - Multi line notes field that can be associated with Adjusted Quantities.
Comments – Multi line comments field can be used for general notes. Can be used for any purpose the fits your business requirements.
Product Listing Page - Event Filter
The Event Filter dropdown list on the product listing page allows the user to filter products by event. To turn on the “Event Filter” dropdown list on the product listing page navigate to the “BuyNow” module settings “Vendor Store Type” section and select the “Show Vendor Search” checkbox as follows:
In addition to the event filter, the following items can be used to filter products on the product listing page:
- Smith Category Menu Module
- BuyNow Module Search
- DNN Search
- Querystring filter parameter
The querystring filter feature provides the ability to pass the “VendorID” in the querystring to filter products on the product listing page by event.
Reserving a Rental Product
1. To reserve a rental product, navigate to the product details page for the product you want to reserve as follows:
2. Select the “Start Date” and End Date” you want to reserve the item for and click the “Reserve Item” button. After you click the reserve item button you will see the message “Reservation Saved Successful” as follows:
When a user clicks the “Reserve Item” button on the product detail page and successfully reserves a product the following will happen:
- Item will be assigned to event (if it has not already been assigned to an event)
- Inventory (quantity on hand) for items reserved will be decremented.
- Items will be flagged as “Reserved” on the Calendar section on the product details page.
- Inventory will become unavailable for other events after they are reserved
If the product has already been reserved for the event, the message “Product Already Reserved” will be displayed to the user indicating the product has already been reserved.
Purchasing a Rental Product
Purchasing a rental product will trigger the item to be shipped. When a rental product is “Purchased” and Shipped the following happens:
- Product in Inventory is shown with an item status of “Out”.
- The remainder would be “On Hand” in the calendar section of the product details page.
For example, 10 tables can be shipped on the first day. Then 5 days later, additional tables can be purchased via PO and shipped.
To purchase a rental product that has already been reserved do the following:
1. Navigate to the Rental Main Menu (page with Smith Vendor module) and click the “Manage Rentals” button and the following screen is displayed:
After you click the “Manage Rentals” button, the following screen is displayed:
2. Select the “Event” and “Product” from the filter dropdown to locate the reservation you want to book
3. Check the checkbox next to the reservation you want to book and click the “Book” button.
4. After you click the “Book” button, the product reservation will be added to the cart and the user will be redirected to the cart page to checkout.
All payment methods and gateways in SmithCart are supported for event rental product checkout and purchase.