The AutoShip module provides the ability to automatically deliver your products to a customer on a predetermined schedule and charge the credit card with each shipment. As a Merchant, the AutoShip module helps you create recurring revenue from your clients and earn customer’s loyalty for your products and services.
Autoship provides the power and flexibility for the admin or customer to manage:
- Customer Autoship Information
- Creating Autoship Orders
- Delivery Schedules
- Automated Recurring Billing
- Credit Card Information
- Product Subscriptions
- Purchasing Products
- Activating, deactivating and deleting Autoship Orders
- Free Trials
- And more!
It can be used for a variety of business applications to control the flow of product billing and shipping at regular intervals. Using the Autoship module, the store admin or customer can control every aspect of the billing and shipping process.
What are the requirements?
- SmithCart shopping cart module
- Autoship module
- Authorize.Net Payment Gateway
The Autoship module can be configured to allow the following types of users the ability to create and manage autoship orders:
- Store Admin – Any DNN user account with administrator privileges.
- Distributers – Users who are a member of the “Distributer” role in your portal.
- All Users – Any user who visits your site and wishes to purchase an autoship product.
Because the Autoship module is integrated with the DNN user profile and DNN role permissions security the types of users and groups that you can allow or deny access to the Autoship module are limitless.
Autoship Admin Settings
Navigate to the page in your portal that you have added the Autoship Module to. Hover your mouse over the “Manage” button and click the “Edit Autoship Admin Settings” link as illustrated in the following screen shot.
After clicking the “Edit Autoship Admin Settings” link the following screen is displayed.
From the dropdown menu, select the page in your portal that contains your Smith BuyNow module and click “Set BuyNow Page Name.” This will point the autoship module to the products and settings in your BuyNow module.
The Autoship module Settings allow you to control the level of permissions for managing Autoship orders.
To access the autoship settings do the following:
- Make sure you are in “DNN Edit Mode”
- Navigate to the page in your portal that you have added the Autoship module.
- Hover over the “Manage” button and you will see the following screen displayed:
- Click the “Edit Autoship Settings” link and the following screen will be displayed:
Users can edit Autoships – Check this box to allow end-users to edit their own Autoship orders.
Users can delete Autoships – Check this box to allow end-users to delete their own Autoship orders.
Users can activate/deactivate Autoships – Check this box to allow end-users to activate or deactivate their own Autoship orders.
Can’t Edit Autoship Text – When the “Users can edit Autoships” box is NOT checked, this text will be displayed if a user attempts to edit an Autoship order.
Can’t Delete Autoship Text – When the “Users can delete Autoships” box is NOT checked, this text will be displayed if a user attempts to delete an Autoship order.
Can’t Activate/Deactivate Autoship text - When the “Users can activate/deactivate Autoships” box is NOT checked, this text will be displayed if a user attempts to activate or deactivate an Autoship order.
SmithCart BuyNow Module Autoship Setup
The Autoship module requires that SmithCart be installed in your portal before completing the Autoship setup. The Autoship module is integrated with SmithCart in the following areas:
- Product Management – Adding, updating and deleting products
- Tax Setup – Configuring the type of tax you want to charge on autoship orders.
- Shipping Setup - Configuring the type of shipping you want to charge on autoship orders.
- Coupons/Promotion Code Management - Adding, updating and deleting coupons. Offering discount amounts or discount percentages.
- Order Management
- Payment Processing and payment gateways
Adding Autoship Products
To configure how tax is charged on autoship orders, navigate to the page with the BuyNow module and click "Tax" from the admin menu:
Select the “Tax Setup” tab and you will see the following options:
Currently, the Autoship module is programmed to work with the following tax settings:
- Flat Tax All Orders
- Apply EU VAT Regulations
- Apply EU VAT Regulations By Product
We are working on integrating the remainder of SmithCart tax options and they will be released in future versions of the Autoship module.
To configure how shipping is charged on autoship orders, navigate to the page with the BuyNow module and click"Shipping" from the admin menu:
Select the "Setup" tab and you will see the following options:
Currently, the Autoship module is programmed to work with the following SmithCart Shipping settings:
- Custom Ship Methods By Weight
- Shipping By Wieght
We are working on integrating the remainder of SmithCart shipping options and they will be released in future versions of the Autoship module.
Coupon and Promotion Code Setup
To create or manage coupons to be used on Autoship orders, navigate to the page with the BuyNow module and click on "Coupons" from the admin menu:
The following screen will be displayed when you click Manage Coupons.
Autoship Order Creation
To create an Autoship order, navigate to the page with the Autoship module and you will see the following Autoship Management screen:
Click the “Add New Autoship” button to create a new Autoship order and the following screen will be displayed:
Adding Autoship Products to the Cart
To add autoship products to your cart, enter the quantity desired for a product and click the “Add” button to add the product to the Autoship Cart.
After adding autoship products to your cart your screen should looking similar to the following screen shot:
The added products will then show up in the Autoship cart on the right side of the page. Shipping, tax and discounts apply according to how you have configured them in SmithCart.
After you are finishing adding autoship products to your cart, click the “Proceed to Scheduling” button to checkout and schedule the autoship order.
The next step in the checkout is the “Scheduling Step” which allows you to select a recurring interval, as well as a start and end date.
The following recurring intervals are supported:
The Daily option sets the Autoship order to recur after a specified number of days.
The Weekly option sets the Autoship order to recur after a specified number of weeks. You can configure which day of the week that the Autoship will occur.
The Monthly option sets the Autoship order to recur on a monthly basis. You can configure a specific day of the month or a day of the week.
The Yearly option sets the Autoship order to occur on an annual basis, determined by specific days and months.
The Autoship module supports the following data range variables:
Start Date – Select a start date for your subscription. The first shipped order will be based on the start date you select.
No End Date – Select this option to allow the Autoship order to recur indefinitely.
End After Occurances – Select this option to limit the Autoship to a fixed number of occurances.
End By – Select this option to cause the Autoship to end on the specified date.
After you have configured your start and end dates, click the “Proceed to Billing” button in order to continue.
The next step in the autoship checkout is the “Billing Step” which allows you to select a enter your billing and shipping information.
Fill out billing and shipping information.
- Type in your credit card information, or choose a saved credit card number.
- You can type in a separate shipping address or click the checkbox titled “Billing Address as Shipping Address” to use the billing address for shipping.
- Click the “Proceed to Confirmation” button in order to continue.
The autoship checkout confirmation page displays a summary of your entire Autoship order. You can review the products, billing, shipping, tax and totals. Please see the following screen shot of the autoship checkout confirmation page:
Finally, choose a name for your Autoship order and click the “Confirm and Create New Autoship” button.
Edit, Deactivate or Delete Autoships
The Manage Autoship screen allows customers or the Store Admin to perform the following operations on Autoship orders:
- Edit Autoship Orders
- Activate, Deactivate or Suspend Autoship Orders
- Delete Autoship Orders
Editing Autoship Orders
To edit an autoship order click on the “Edit” link to the left of the autoship order as depicted in the following screen shot:
Deactivating or Suspending Autoship Orders
To deactivate or suspend an autoship order click on the “Deactivate” link to the right of the autoship order as depicted in the following screen shot:
Deleting Autoship Orders
To delete an autoship order click on the “Delete” link to the right of the autoship order as depicted in the following screen shot:
Autoship Admin Menu Module
The Autoship Admin menu provides a dashboard status of all the Autoship orders in your system. The Autoship Admin Menu module provides a summary of the following autoship items:
- Today’s Autoships
- Today’s Processed Autoships
- Active Autoships in the System
- Inactive Autoships in the System
- All Autoships in the System
In addition to the Autoship Dashboard Summary listed above the Autoship Admin Menu module allows the Autoship Admin the following functionality:
- View/Edit Today’s Autoships
- Process All of Today’s Autoships
- Process Selected Autoship Orders
- View/Edit Today’s Processed Autoships
- View/Edit Active Autoships in the System
- View/Edit Inactive Autoships in the System
- View/Edit All Autoships in the System
To view the Autoship Admin menu, navigate to the page in your portal that you have added the Autoship Admin Module to and you will see the following screen:
Process Today's Autoships
Processing an Autoship Order creates and order in SmithCart and charges the customers credit card. Specifically, processing an autoship order does the following:
- Creates an Order in Smith Cart based on the pre configured autoship interval configured by the customer or the autoship admin.
- Populates the following SmithCart Tables:
- Smith_Payment History
- Charges the customers credit card
- Currently, Authorize.Net is the only Payment Gateway integrated with the Autoship module. If you would like us to add other payments gateways please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To process all of today’s Autoship orders click the “Process” link next to “Today’s Autoships” as follows:
After you click the “Process” link the following screen will be displayed:
Click the “OK” button to process all of today’s autoship orders.
Managing Autoship Orders
The Autoship Admin Dashboard allows the autoship admin to view and manage all autoship orders in the system.
- Today’s Autoships – View and manage Today’s Autoship orders.
- Today’s Processed Autoships – View and manage all processed Autoship orders for the day.
- Active Autoships in the System – View and manage all existing and active Autoship orders.
- Inactive Autoships in the System – View and manage all existing and inactive Autoship orders.
- All Autoships in the System – View and manage all existing Autoship orders.
To view Autoship orders on any of the different autoship line items below click the “View” link next to Autoship line item.
After you click the “View” link the following screen will be displayed:
The Autoship Management Screen provides the autoship admin to perform the following actions on autoship orders:
- Edit – Edit the Autoship order.
- Place Order – Process individual Autoship order.
- Activate – Activate or resume the Autoship subscription.
- Deactivate – Suspend or stop the Autoship subscription without deleting it.
- Delete – Delete the Autoship order.
The Autoship module can be extended to fit your business requirements. If you’re interested in receiving a quote for customizations please request a quote using the following link: