SmihCart supports the ability to use multiple intances of the BuyNow module which will remain totally separate with it's own Payment Gateway, Shipping, Tax, Currency, etc. unless the "Share" options are enabled.
The Share options allow you to accomplish the following:
- Run multiple stores/product catalogs within a single portal.
- Manage all stores from a single admin console or individually by store
- Products can be shared across stores or specific to a single store
- Configure multiple stores with different currencies within a single portal
- Each store can be configured with unique settings for payment gateway, shipping, tax, etc.
The sections below explain how to enable the Share options for each part of your store
At the Category level, if the Share setting is enabled for a particular Category, the Category will be displayed in all product catalogs on any page(s) where you have added the BowNow or Category Menu modules. If the share checkbox is not checked then categories added to your first cart module will remain separate from categories added to your second BuyNow module.
To enable the the Share setting for Categories, navigate to the Edit Category screen by selecting Categories / Departments Catelgory Management on the Store Admin Menu from the BuyNow module.
Then, check the checkbox next to the Category and click the Edit button or simply click the Category ID on the Category you wish to edit in the grid
Next, check the Share checkbox and click Save
Congratulations, your Category is now shared!
Each BuyNow Module will remain totally separate with its own payment gateway, shipping, tax, currency, etc, unless the following "Share" options are enabled:
- At the Category Level – If the share checkbox is checked for a particular category the category will be displayed in all product catalogs on any pages where you have added the shopping cart module. If the share checkbox is not checked then categories added to your first cart module will remain separate from categories added to your second BuyNow module.
- At the Product Level – The “Share” checkbox only applies if you have added more than one cart module on different pages. This feature is used in situations where you want multiple product catalogs on different pages of your website. For example, if you are selling books and computers on your website and you wanted to have one page dedicated to books and another page dedicated to computers. If the share checkbox is checked for a particular product the product will be displayed in all product catalogs on any pages where you have added the shopping cart module. If the share checkbox is not checked then products added to your first cart module will remain separate from products added to your second cart module.
- Product Template Fields – The share flag allows you to share product template fields among multiple instances of the Smith BuyNow module.
- We also support the following options to share across multiple portals:
- Master Portal – When a portal is selected as the “Master Portal it becomes the master with the ability to view and manage all orders from parent Portal and all orders from child portals defined with a “Cross Portal Share Type” of “Child Portal”.
- Child Portal – When this option is selected on your child portal it will enable the following functionality in your child portal:
- The child portal will share the same store (categories and products) as the parent portal defined with a Cross Portal Share Type of “Master Portal”.
- The ability to check to see how many orders came from their portal (view only).
- All orders in the child portal will show up in Parent Portal manage order detail screen.
Please Note: Running multiple transactions back to back without recycling the app pool, resetting iis or clearing your cache may cause some data to remain in session such as currency or discounts. To clear the previous customer session either Restart DNN under Host > Host Settings or you can also clear your browser's cache.