This article guides you through linking a First Data Global Gateway e4 account to your Smith module. If you do not currently use First Data as your payment gateway, or are using an older version such as Global Gateway Connect, you may wish to create an e4 demo account. You will be emailed your login information after completing the sign-up process. If you wish to sign up for a live account, please contact the First Data Sales Team. The First Data team will board you onto Global Gateway e4 and provide you with the necessary account details.
The instructions below will work with both demo and live First Data credentials. If you do use both a demo and a live account, remember to replace your demo credentials with your live credentials.
Once you have created a live or demo account with First Data, you can begin to link the First Data Global Gateway e4 gateway to your module using these four credentials:
- Gateway ID — an alphanumeric ID
- Password — a random alphanumeric string
- HMAC key ID — a 6-character numeric ID
- HMAC key — a 32-character alphanumeric string
Obtaining Global Gateway e4 Credentials
- Log into the Global Gateway e4 production admin console. For the demo version, log in here.
- Click on Administration.
- Select Terminals, then TERM ECOMM.
- Under the Details tab, you will find the following credentials:
- Gateway ID
- Password — click Generate to update the asterisks (*) to your actual password.
Keep these credentials somewhere handy—you'll need them later. After generating your gateway password, click Update at the bottom of the page.
- Select API Access under your terminal. You will find the following credentials:
- (HMAC) Key ID
- (HMAC) Key—click Generate to update the asterisks (*) to your actual password, then click OK
As with the other credentials, note these for later use. After generating your HMAC Key, click Update at the bottom of the page.
You now have the four credentials you need to link the First Data Global Gateway e4 gateway in your Smith module to your First Data live account.