All businesses differ a little in their shipping process but here is a good example of one we have setup using RazorCart.
Step 1 – Approve orders for shipping (Open -> Ready To Ship)
From the RazorCart admin console select Orders left navigation bar:
The manage orders page will be displayed. Select the order that is ready to ship and you will be directed to the manage order detail page. At the bottom of the page select the payment tab and then edit the payment to view the transaction details:
Verify the user has completed payment successfully:
- Balance = 0
- Authorization code exists and is not blank or 0
- Transaction ID exist and is not blank or 0
- Payment Status = Approved or True
- Verify the payment has authorized and settled at payment gateway and money deposited to your bank account.
After payment has been verified, approve the order for shipping by changing the status from “Open” to “Ready To Ship”
Repeat this step for all orders that you want to ship.
Step 2 – Print Pick List
This step should be completed by the warehouse or the department responsible for shipping products. From the manage orders page, filter the order by status "Ready To Ship". Check the box for each order that you want to print a pick ticket for and click the print button as follows:
Please note before you print the pick list you should format the invoice from the invoice templates page.
The warehouse worker picks up all the pick lists off the printer, picks product and packs boxes.
Step 3 – Export Orders (Ready To Ship -> Shipped)
After all the orders have been picked, packed and shipped, navigate back to the manage orders page. Filter the orders by the status "Ready To Ship" and then click the "Export" button as follows:
Save the CSV file to the Warehouse Network share. The output file naming convention is as follows:
For example: Orders_01022018.csv
The export for file should only be created once per day. The file will be created with a unique name with a date stamp.
Step 4 – Import Orders to Postage System
Now that you have your orders exported from RazorCart to a CSV file, the next step is to import the CSV to the program you use to print postage (Stamps.com, Endicia, etc.). The steps to import the CSV to your postage program will vary depending on the program you use to print postage and shipping labels. The following steps outline the process to import and print postage and labels using Endicia Pro.
- Launch the Endicia Pro software
- Click the “Batch Print” tab
- Click “Retrieve Orders” button to retrieve all orders that need to be shipped
After you click Retrieve Orders you should see all customer orders that need to be shipped.
Step 5 – Print Postage
1. In Endicia, click the Order Lookup tab and you should see the following screen:
2. Enter the Order # and click the “Retrieve Order” button to retrieve the order
3. Confirm the address information (Verify Address)
4. Enter mail class, package type and postage amount
5. Click “Print Label” to print the shipping label. Each time the print label button is clicked a record is added to the export csv file titled “TrackingNumbers.csv” located on the network share.
6. Apply the label to the box for the corresponding order.
Step 6 – Import Tracking Numbers to RazorCart
Tracking number import is currently under development. To import tracking numbers, use SQL Server management studio to import to the orders table.