How can I use the cart to sell tickets to events. The event can have up to 500 people attend. I want the cart to stamp each ticket with a unique number to ensure that it was a valid purchased ticket and prevent people from copying tickets.
There are a couple features in the cart that will work in solving the problem of preventing people from photocopying tickets.
1. SmithCart allows you to track and manage an unlimited amount of product serial numbers from the time they are received into inventory until the time they are issued. This information is permanently recorded in the database, allowing inventory control personnel access to a wealth of historical and validation information. The unique serial number assigned to each ticket purchased could be used in conjunction with our gatekeeper program (described below) to prevent people from copying tickets. For more info on the carts serial number features see the Serial Number Management section of the SmithCart Manual located at the following link: Serial Number Management
2. Smith Cart Gatekeeper - There are three "top level" features that can assist you.
- Controlling the number of downloads per order detail item
- Controlling the amount of time during which a customer can download an item (from the date of their first attempt)
- Stamping PDF files with customer specific information so that you could track the files after they are released into the wild - and also provide a disincentive to having customers pass them on.
You could make your tickets available as pdf downloads and use the GateKeeper watermarking feature to watermark the serial number on the ticket.
For more info about the GateKeeper module, please see the GateKeeper KB article.