SmithCart is integrated with Shipwire for real time rates and order fulfillment. Shipwire offers outsourced ecommerce order fulfillment and logistics services for business. Shipwire warehouses are located in the US, Canada, UK, and Hong Kong.
Supported Shipping Carriers include:
- Canada Post
- Royal Mail
- FedEx Freight
- EuroTrux Freight
- Shipwire Freight options
The SmithCart / Shipwire integration includes the following features:
- Real Time Shipping Rates - Get real-time Shipwire shipping rates in your SmithCart checkout to increase shipping rate accuracy and conversions.
- Fulfillment - Automatically submit orders that are ready for shipping from your SmithCart store to your Shipwire Account.
1. Navigate to the page in your portal with the SmithCart BuyNow module and from the store admin menu click “Shipping” as follows:
2. Select the "Setup" tab and check the "Shipping Calculator" option as follows:
3. Select “Shipwire” from the “Shipping Carrier” dropdown list and enter your Shipwire userid and password:
4. From the “Ship Methods” list box select the ship methods you want to offer.
5. Click the “Save” button to save your settings
Define your products in Shipwire
In order to successfully setup Shipwire to work with SmithCart, your products must share the same SKU information on both sides. For example, if you created a product in SmithCart with a SKU “123ABC” you need to have the same SKU in your Shipwire account.
Note: To meet Shipwire requirements; SKU names can consist of letters, numbers and/or dashes, but no spaces.
In SmithCart, you can retrieve real time shipping rates from Shipwire as follows:
- Add products to your cart and click the checkout button to be redirected to the cart page.
- On the cart page, enter your shipping address
- Select the desired shipping method and click the “Calculate Shipping” button.
- The cart will call the Shipwire Rate API and retrieve real time shipping rates.
Shipwire will determine the closest warehouse to ship from to return the best shipping cost to the customer. Shipwire will return to your cart up to 5 shipping values (1 Day, 2 Day, Ground Shipping, International, and Freight).
For more information on the SmithCart Shipwire integration see the following links:
Please Note: The Shipwire integration was released in SmithCart version 4.98