The Silent Post URL feature allows the Smith Cart or Registration module to receive notification messages from the Authorize.Net payment gateway regarding Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) transaction status. Note: The silent post URL feature is only supported with the Authorize.Net payment gateway.
How it works
The registration module sends the recurring billing transaction to Authorize.Net and creates and ARB transaction. Auth.net does the recurring billing to the customers credit card after that. The module has a silent postback feature where auth.net notifies the module if a credit card declines and removes the user from the role they were added to when they originally purchased. That feature is called a silent postback at authorize.net. The registration module has separate modules that allow the user and portal admin to cancel subscriptions.
1. Navigate to the Payment Setup Admin screen and select “Registration Settings” as follows:
2. Save the URL circled above to your clipboard.
Go to the Authorize.Net website and login using your userid and password. To setup your silent post URL at Authorize.Net do the following:
1. Log into the Merchant Interface at https://secure.authorize.net
2. Click Settings under Account in the main menu on the left
3. Click Silent Post URL in the Transaction Format Settings section
4. Enter the secondary URL to which you would like the payment gateway to copy the transaction response
5. Click Submit
If an ARB credit card transaction for one of your portal members declines for any reason (NSF, card expired, etc.) a silent post message will be sent from Authorize.Net to your portal and received by the registration module. The transaction details regarding the declined transaction will be stored to the database and the user will be removed from the DNN role they were added to when they registered.
Please see our registration module page and users guide for a detailed description of recurring billing features